Women Ask Wednesday
Questions That Women Want The Answer To In Under Five Minutes
When was the sinking of the Titanic?
How much did the Titanic cost to build?
Were Jack and Rose a real Titanic couple?
Let’s face it, most of us are obsessed with the film. Not only was it a tragic story, it was also a romantic one that featured not only Leonardo Dicaprio but Kate Winslet. I’m obsessed. (Also, no one can forget the theme song, Celine Dion is a legend.)
Click here to find out why Rose didn’t share the door with Jack, as explained by James Cameron.
Titanic Facts, Secrets Of The Titanic
Here are some fun facts about the actual sinking of the Titanic, and the movie:
- The Titanic hit an iceberg shortly before midnight on April 14th, 1912 and sank only a couple hours later on April 15th, 1912. The event happened at an alarmingly fast rate.
- The studios wanted Matthew McConaughey to play Jack instead of Leonardo DiCaprio. (James Cameron really wanted Leonardo Dicaprio.)
- The Titanic cost roughly 7.5 million to build. With the rate of inflation, $7.5 million would convert to over $200 million today.
- There were 20,000 bottles of beer on the Titanic, all for first class passengers.
- James Cameron drew every single sketch in Jack’s binder, including the famous nude one of Rose.
- The titanic was over 52 THOUSAND tons and just under 900 feet long.
- There were only 20 lifeboats…
- The movie was released in video when it was still in theaters. (It was the first movie to do so.)
- Milton S. Hershey had a ticket for the Titanic but didn’t board the ship.
Read This: 7 Famous People Who Missed The Titanic
- Jack and Rose were a fictitious couple. However, my best bet is that at least one couple fell in love on the Titanic the way that Jack and Rose did.
- The last supper served to the first class before the Titanic sank had 11 courses.
- 13 honeymoon couples boarded the Titanic.
- Only around 31% of the passengers who boarded the Titanic lived to tell the tale of it’s sinking.
- When realizing that she was going to be nude in front of Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet decided to flash him when she met him for the first time.
- There have been about 6,000 artifacts that have been recovered from the Titanic.
I asked for ice, but this is ridiculous.
-Rumored to have been said by Colonel John Jacob Astor, first class passenger on the Titanic. (This has never been proven as a fact.)
-Do you have any more cool facts about the Titanic? Now would be the time to share them! I would love to learn more.
-Holly, the imperfect momma.
The Christian Working Mom Blog
Related Article:My Personal Bucket List