Estimated Reading Time: 3 Minutes
- You are awesome. I’m not sure how you do what you do but I respect the heck out of you for doing it.
- Be proud of what you do.
- You can’t put a price tag on what you do.
- Don’t let other people tell you that you don’t work.
- If anyone belittles you because they take home a paycheck and you don’t, just ignore them. You selflessly work hard day in and day out and deserve just as big of a paycheck as they do.
- You are invaluable in the best way possible.
- You are not appreciated enough.
- You wear ten hats and look awesome while doing it.
- Mac and cheese is acceptable for supper sometimes.
- Your kids look up to you.
- If anyone tells you to get a job, tell them that you already have one; and you get something out of it that is far more precious than money. Time with your kids.
- Make sure to spend time loving yourself.
- Know that you are just as intelligent as the work outside of their home moms out there. You could have gotten a fancy career. This is your choice.
- You need your own time every day for yourself. We all need a break. I work forty hours a week but have an hour lunch break. My break is my “me time” and I always need to have one.
- Know that you can change your mind at any time or stay right where you are career wise. I went from staying home with my kid most of the time to working full time. Your children will be fine and love you either way.
- Make mom friends! Schedule play dates. Enjoy yourself. You don’t have to be a hermit just because you stay at home with the kids. Even if it’s just adding other stay-at-home moms on Instagram or if it’s going over to the neighbors and having morning mimosas. Kids thrive when their mom is happy.
- Most important, remember to BREATHE. Life flies by fast. Take time to take it all in while you can.
-Holly, the imperfect momma.