Estimated Reading Time: 5 Minutes
Welcome to my world as a working mother. A world that consists of me working, cleaning, blogging, parenting, eating and pooping. Not to get too personal, but despite my busy lifestyle I still love my life.
Recently I promised myself that I would be a little more selfish. That I would create a some free time to do things I’ve always wanted to do, try, and learn. So that I can continue to be a happy mommy. Does that make sense?
Here are twenty-four selfish things I want to do or see, hopefully soon.
And some great bucket list ideas for anyone to use!
- Travel out of the country. Preferably somewhere with castles.
- Time travel, this will probably never happen but it’s fun to dream.
- Read the whole Bible within a year.
- Be on on a reality t.v. show, even if I am the first one “voted off”.
- Get an expensive gym membership so I’m forced to go there at least twice a week. Mostly use the hot tub while I’m there and take long showers.
- Win a big prize of some sort.
- Reach 100,000 monthly viewers on my blog.
- Be a contestant on a game show.
- Become really, really good at an instrument.
- Learn a different language, one that sounds sexy.
- Get my mom to teach me how she sews so well.
- Learn how to contour! I love makeup.
- Have a dachshund named Jack who is secretly my best friend.
- Run a marathon. (Here is another cute dog picture for you, you’re welcome.)
- Learn to love spinach and anything green.
- Formulate a new wine that makes me feel better in the morning.
- Take singing lessons that make me sound like Celine Dion.
- Take the time to find recipes that take little time to make.
- Also, take the time to get to know my husband more. We are always SO BUSY.
- Find the perfect lipstick. I’ve only gotten close with the NYX Matte Lipstick, so close.
- Learn how to dance, well.
- Stay at the Mall of America, all day. Drink wine, shop, see a movie, get my nails done, hair did, etc. Then spend the night at their hotel so I don’t have to be responsible. (Can you tell that I’m from Minnesota?)
- Finish my time travel book, I’m only seventy pages in.
- Make a blog post that speaks to women across the globe.
Well, there you have it. A completely random, half serious and half funny bucket list. It’s genuine and from my heart.
What’s on your “selfish” bucket list?
Holly Marsh, the imperfect momma.